Friday, September 10, 2010

PMS Sabatoge

Alright Ladies, spill the beans...how do we combat the oh so powerful, hormonal waves that create an appetite to rival King Kong's.  Tuesday was the day of the bottomless pit.  Thank goodness it only lasted one day.  I did what I could to maintane my self-control.  I only ate when I was hungry(ie ALL DAY), I ate controlled portions and I waited 20 before scavenging my surroundings for the next morsel. I ate fiber rich, high protien, low carb, low fat foods but at some point that just wasnt gonna cut it.  I cant even begin to recount all the snacks I sampled as the day went on.  I do remember ending the day with 3 squares of Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter and being damn glad I did it.  See I could be proud of my indulgences because I did it in a controlled fashion.  I could have eaten the entire large candy bar but I stopped myself at 3.

My weekly weigh-in didnt go so well either.  THis could be due to a scale discrepancy seeing as I was housesitting this wk. But the fact of the matter is that I took my "Eat Whatever The Hell"  want Sunday a little too far, esp when I extended to Monday and pretty much started on Friday, haha.  So it should have been no surprise when the scale went 3 lbs in the wrong direction. Another possibility is the famous PMS bloat, but I will take responsibility for my over indulgence and learn not to do that again.  The truth...and some self-disciple...will set me free.

On a more positive note last weeks discovered weight-loss inspired me to get back on the dating scene.  I took the fashioned route and signed up for match.com, haha.  The immediate feedback was more than encouraging...some would say ego boosting.  I paid for my membership at 7am Wed and had a date on my calendar by 1230 pm same day.  Labor Day weekend was busy busy busy for my as I crammed 3 dates with 3 men into 3 days (w/ 2 on Monday, hehe).  Fun was had on all occasions but nothing is developing (or looks like it will) at this point.  It was a great way to get back in the game and an eye opening experience to be reminded that I'm still pretty cute. :)

I want to hear from you all.  Any good recipes this week?  Any commendable moments where you looked temptation in the face and said "My goals are more important.?"  Any new exercise routines now that the weather is cooling off?

Take care and take some time for yourself this wknd.

No comments:

Post a Comment